Friday 22 January 2010

SanDisk 8GB SDHC Secure Digital Card

By Neil A. Davies (source)

"I have yet to use
this SanDisk 8GB Digi card yet to provide any factual data, but having used this make in the past I do not expect any issues."

Review of Review: A rarity in the reviewing world. Some would decry Neil A. Davies for rushing to judgement, but that would be to understate the nature of this review. What this review opens up is a world of possibilities, the eternal Maybe, as his namesake, the television writer Russell T Davies would put it.

Consider the example of Schroedinger's Cat. As Neil A. Davies was writing the review, his SanDisk 8GB SDHC Secure Digital Card was simultaneously not throwing up any issues AND prone to throwing up some issues, just as the cat inside Schroedinger's box is simultaneously alive and dead.

At this point, I think a small digression is in order. I have often wondered how Schroedinger alighted upon a cat as the subject of his experiment. My experience with cats is such that I am unconvinced that one could put one in a box without being mutilated in some way. Perhaps he tried other animals. I suppose smaller animals would be able to move around inside the box, offering a clue to the creature's survival. And a larger animal would require a larger box - a logistical nightmare. It would be easier to take a horse into a pub. I suppose a cat, in the end, was the only option. Especially as Pavlov had cornered the dog market.

In any case, I hope that Neil A. Davies was not disappointed. I'm just sorry he didn't see fit to pop back with his findings to give us a post-pre-review-review. Or a review, for short.

1 comment:

  1. Ho, ho, it seems like this chap was suffering from a case of 'premature evaluation', chortle!

    ReplyDelete