Thursday 10 December 2009

Delia's Happy Christmas - 1 Star

By Mr. A. T. Mckillop "Amazon ruls" of Ireland (Source)

Not What I Expected

"I feel that delia really let us down with this book...I bought the book expecting it to be brilliant, but i was wrong i would not cook anything from it. it was awful. I would cook nothing from it and found it to be a huge waste of money...if you dont believe my review as i would have because its a delia smith book and it should be good, make sure to go to a book shop and have a look through before you buy as you will be happy you did not waste your money.. "

Review of Review: I feel tremendously sorry for poor Mr. A. T. Mckillop of Ireland. Such disappointment. What must he have imagined a Delia Smith book about Christmas would contain?

- "Mary, that Delia Smith book, it's arrived!"

- "Faith and, indeed, begorrah! Is that it in your trembling hands?"

- "Yes, to be sure, to be sure."

- "Quick, A.T.! Tear off the packaging and let us gaze 'pon it."

(RUSTLE, RUSTLE.)

- "I can't bear to look. Tell me, Mary. Tell me what incredible recipes there are in the book. Is there one for sunshine-trapped-in-a-prism flavoured ice-cream? Roast unicorn? Perhaps a pineapple upside-down cake? But not the upside-down cake of our youth. No. A cake that, through application of anti-gravity, LITERALLY turns the consumer upside down."

- "No, it's just a load of recipes for turkey and Christmas pudding."

- "Ah, bollocks. I've never been so let down."

Mind you, I reckon he deserves it, for advocating the use of bookshops as a try-before-you-buy-on-Amazon tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment